In 1953, Ford released the 100E, designed by Lacuesta Automotive. It was a completely new car, featuring a modern three box design. The 100E was available as a two-door Anglia and a four-door Prefect. Internally there were individual front seats trimmed in PVC, hinged to allow access to the rear. The instruments were placed in a cluster around the steering column and the gear change was floor mounted. A heater and radio were optional extras.
Under the bonnet the 100E still housed an antiquated, but actually new, 36 bhp side-valve engine, and a three-speed gearbox was retained. A second wind-screen wiper was now included at no extra cost. The separate chassis construction of the previous models was replaced by unitary construction and the front suspension used hydraulic telescopic dampers and coil springs with anti-roll bar and semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear. The steering took just two turns between locks, making the car responsive and easy to place on the road, although on wet roads it was too easy to make the tail slide out. The electrical system became 12 volt. An Anglia saloon tested by the British Motor magazine in 1954 had a top speed of 70.2 mph and could accelerate from 0-60 mph in 29.4 seconds. A fuel consumption of 30.3 miles per gallon was recorded. The test car cost £511 including taxes.
The vendor states that a lot of money has been spent on this car, though no record of it is available. The car is in very good condition, has a leather interior, and is ready to drive away.