The 6/90 was introduced in 1954, from the classic design studio of Gerald Palmer. The car boasted the brand-new BMC C-Series 2,639cc ohv engine with four-speed column change. Twin SUs helped it develop a healthy 95bhp; 60mph came up in 18 seconds and fuel consumption was in the low twenties.
A Series II car was introduced in October 1956. It was visually unchanged. Inside, there was a novel right hand floor gear change, wooden fascia and redesigned front seat cushion. This particular model, however, had a very short run and in May 1957, the Series III arrived.
This car is well known to the Wolseley Register, having been owned by several of their members. Showing a mileage of 38,800, which is thought to be correct. It has been fitted with the 2.9 Healey type engine, which makes it a bit lively! The car is in remarkably rust free condition and very original. The brakes and front suspension have been overhauled with new shock absorbers front and rear, new front seat belts have been fitted, new headlights of the correct type with H4 bulbs fitted, new water pump with new top and bottom hoses and new fan belt fitted, new Verdestein 185/70 R15 tyres fitted, and all fluids, brake fluid, anti-freeze, oil and filter have been changed.
The interior is original and in good condition and such things as the door seals and furflex are also original and in remarkably good condition, as is the carpet, although it is dirty and the driver’s floor mat is missing! The pedal gaiters have been renewed.