Lot #685 - Austin-Healey production started in 1953 with the 4-cylinder 100-4 model. In 1956, a new 6-cylinder model was introduced with revised bodywork that included two small rear jump seats for children. A very extensive restoration, on this car, was finished in August 2010 by Healey Lane Restoration of Oregon. It is finished in the original Old English White exterior Sikkens base coat/clear coat paint with black leather and vinyl interior. It has the original factory hardtop, as well as a new soft-top. The restoration included new chrome, rubber, hydraulic system, wiring harness, fuel system, stainless wire wheels with new tires, side curtains, carpet and extensive mechanical restoration. The original fasteners were replated. Two upgrades were made: 3000 disc brakes and an overdrive transmission, which was an option, but this car came from the factory without overdrive. All 100-6s came from the factory with drum brakes on all four wheels. The body was stripped to bare metal and needed the very minimum bodywork to make it ready for paint. It is equipped with a 2,639cc Straight-6 117hp engine with 4-speed manual plus overdrive. From the Tammy Allen Collection.