1954 MG TF 1250
H&H Classics | 12-Oct-2016 | Imperial War Museum Duxford | Venue : Duxford Cambridgeshire CB22 4QR
Category : Classic Cars
Lot No. : 53
Year : 1954
Engine Size : 1250cc
Colour : Red
Interior : Red
Registration No. : 545 UYR
Chassis No. : HDH/55/3391
Engine No. : D28859
No longer available - Sold or withdrawn from sale
 

 

- Original RHD example delivered new to Eire before returning to UK in 1958
- Ex-Tom Davis of Toulmin Motors, 5-speed gearbox fitted
- Purchased by the vendor from Brown and Gammons, Heritage Certificate
Introduced in 1953, the TF's fared-in headlights and a sloping radiator grille endowed it with notably more modern looks than its predecessors, with some 9,600 being sold.
According to its Heritage Certificate, this RHD export model was despatched to Eire on 23 February 1954 in kit form, finished in primer with wire wheels. In 1958 the car returned to the UK and in 1971 was acquired by the late Tom Davis, proprietor of celebrated MG specialists Toulmin Motors, and registered FR 13. A regular on the show circuits during his ownership, the car retains a Toulmin rocker cover and badge. Purchased by the vendor, a lifelong MG enthusiast, from Brown & Gammons in 2009, at the time of purchase being fitted with a 5-speed Sierra gearbox and a new wiring harness, whilst all brake pipes were renewed. Finished in red with red interior, it is said to drive very well with good paintwork and very good gearbox. Offered with weather gear, Swansea V5, MoT to May 2017, a quantity of MoTs back to 1972, assorted invoices (including a brake master cylinder in May this year), Heritage Certificate and a copy of MG Sports magazine featuring a centrefold of the car.