Founded by the six Benelli brothers in Pesaro, Italy in 1911, Benelli started out as a general engineering firm, turning to the manufacture of automotive and aircraft components in WWI. Benelli launched a plethora of new models in the 1970s, 125cc and 250cc twins among them. Constructed and styled along similar lines, the duo shared identical crankcase/gearbox castings. The engines were conventional piston-ported, air-cooled two-strokes and were housed in compact duplex-loop frames. Later models came with alloy cylinders, electronic ignition, an improved front fork, alloy wheels and a Brembo front disc brake in place of the original Grimeca drum. This example of a rarely seen Italian lightweight was acquired by the current vendor in 2009 and restored in 2015, although a speedometer and battery are still needed. Offered with a V5C document.