Minarelli was founded in Bologna, Italy in 1951 by Vittorio Minarelli and Franco Morini, who set up Fabbrica Bolognese Motori (FBM) to build lightweight motorcycles. Among Minarelli's first complete motorcycles were the 125cc Gabbiano two-stroke and 200cc Vampir four-stroke. In 1954 the company began to produce 48cc moped engines, which were supplied to a host of independent manufacturers world wide, and in 1956 gave up motorcycle manufacture to concentrate on its proprietary engine business. The identity of this restored Minarelli-engined motorcycle has not been positively established, though its frame bears a passing resemblance to that of the Cimatti Sagittario, an Italian 'Sixteener Special' imported briefly during the mid/late 1970s. There are no documents with this Lot.