Royal Enfield, a firm making bicycles in the 1880s and, arguably, Britain's longest-lasting motorcycle make, produced a series of very well-engineered and finished V-twins in the Veteran period. Powered by the Swiss-made M.A.G. high-precision units and fitted with 2-speed transmission, they had an excellent record in competition and would go on to serve in World War One.
This 1914 2¾hp, 344cc example was first registered in 1921, in West Sussex under the then revised system. Believed to have had one owner until it was found pre-WW2 by Ken Sutherland, who kept it until it passed to the current vendor.
While in the vendor's ownership, BP 2750 has been re-plated and re-painted, both to original specification, and has had the two-speed gear, the magneto and the carburettor overhauled as well as having its engine bearings renewed. A participant in many Banbury and Pioneer runs, it won the Ivor Mutton Trophy at this year's Banbury. Described by the vendor as running 'like a Swiss watch', the twin comes with a history file containing an original photograph, Royal Enfield dating letter, Bonniksen correspondence for the speedometer, Pioneer Certificates, old MOTs and relevant papers together with a V5C and the original RF.60 Log-book. Ready for its next and fourth owner in over a century, this lovely little twin will no doubt be welcomed at relevant events.