One of Germany's lesser known marques, Adler is best remembered for its advanced two-stroke motorcycles of the 1950s. Although designed as a road-going power unit, Adler's unitary construction air-cooled twin proved highly tuneable, enabling Adler-mounted privateers to achieve significant results in national-level road races and even the occasional international success. Interestingly, Yamaha is known to have studied an Adler MB250 before embarking on the design of its own 250cc twin. Sadly, the Adler company was taken over by Grundig in 1958 and its factory turned over to typewriter production.
This MB250 was sold new by Avon Autos of Hanwell, London W7 and first owned by one Roy French of Acocks Green, Birmingham, passing to the immediately preceding owner's family in March 1963. The vendor was told that the machine runs well, but he has not started it. Believed original and un-restored, this rare German motorcycle is offered with its original old-style logbook, a quantity of recently expired MoT certificates, a V5C registration document, and an original MB250 instruction book.