Norman motorcycles were built in Ashford, Kent, well away from the industry's traditional Midlands home. Originally enamellers and platers, Norman turned to bicycle manufacture in the mid 1930s and exhibited its first powered two-wheelers - a 122cc lightweight and 98cc autocycle, both Villiers-engined - in 1938. The post-war range consisted of the autocycle and the B1 and B2 lightweights, of 122 and 197cc respectively. In 1952 the renamed B2S sported swinging-arm rear suspension - at first using long, inclined damper's of Norman's own manufacture - before acquiring conventional upright dampers and Armstrong leading-link front forks in the mid 1950s. The B2S was built in Roadster and Sports versions from 1959, the former available in standard (three-speed) or de luxe (four-speed) forms. Production ceased in 1961.
This B2S Roadster was acquired by the vendor in 1998 and last taxed for the road to the end of January 1999, since when it has been kept in dry storage. Only light re-commissioning and the customary safety checks should be required before returning the machine to the road. Accompanying paperwork consists of V5 and V5C documents.