This NG was first registered on 22nd September 1945, only five weeks after Japan's surrender had brought WWII to a close. A 1946 model, it is based on the wartime W/NG, with the addition of a tank-top panel containing a gearbox-driven speedometer. An Ariel OMCC letter on file confirms matching numbers and reveals that 'HGH 660' was despatched to Godfreys Ltd, London. The Ariel has been in the present ownership since 1984 (see purchase receipt and photographs on file), having previously been last taxed in 1956. Last ridden on the road in 2000, it will require re-commissioning and the customary safety checks before further use. Lighting was fitted in 1991 and the electrics converted to 12-volt, and it should be noted that the speedometer has been changed. Accompanying documentation consists of a quantity of expired MoTs and tax discs, SORN acknowledgements, and old/current V5/V5C documents.