James had begun concentrating on the manufacture of two-stroke lightweights in the 1930s and continued the policy after WW2. In 1951, the company became part of the Associated Motor Cycles group, joining Francis-Barnett. Villiers engines were used at first, though from 1957 many models were powered by AMC's own engine. James first adopted the 'Captain' name for its (nominally) 200cc model for 1950, and both the cycle parts and engine would be upgraded periodically as the years passed.
Restored between 2010 and 2013 by the previous owner, this Villiers-engined Captain was purchased by the current vendor two years ago for use at the Isle of Man TT, and is now surplus to requirements. Presented in generally good condition, the machine is offered with restoration invoices, dating letter, and a V5C document.