A popular machine, for most of its span, the B31 was equipped with the Lucas magdyno. However, by 1957 most makers were at least thinking of changing to coil ignition, with a battery and alternator providing the power. So it was that when the 1958 models were announced, the venerable B31 was thus equipped. The machine offered here is an early 1958 model despatched from BSA in November 1957. Factory records confirm it is the original engine and frame, being sent to a dealer in Chorley. The B31 was purchased by the deceased owner at an indeterminate date. Incomplete and in need of restoration, it is sold strictly as viewed. There are no documents with this lot.