The 250 and 350 middleweight Panther models were brought into the range for 1949, and, except for the upright cylinder, bore some similarities to their larger siblings. Initially sold only with a rigid frame, they were available with rear swinging arm suspension as an optional extra in 1953, before it became standard in 1954. FCP 490 was purchased by the deceased owner in 2005. It has had little or no use during the present ownership and has been barn stored. Consequently, it will require re-commissioning or restoration by a new owner. Documentation accompanying the Panther comprises a current V5C, and an expired MoT certificate.