Following the introduction of the Speed Twin in 1937, Triumph presented a sports model to the public for the 1939 model year. Effectively a lightly tuned version of the Speed Twin, the Tiger 100 benefited from Edward Turner's flair for styling, and it received a similar treatment to Turner's Tiger 70, 80, and 90 models with a chromed and painted petrol tank, chrome headlamp and bright colour scheme. When it was reintroduced after the war, the Tiger was little changed, except for telescopic front forks in place of the girders, and continued that way with various minor changes (sprung hub, nacelle) until the major change in 1954 when the swinging arm frame was debuted. The other change of significance had been for 1951, with the advent of the all-alloy close-finned engine, also used for the Trophy model, albeit in a different state of tune.
TCD 201 was purchased from a family friend by the deceased owner in 1983. It was used for a time after purchase, but then stored. Whilst it has been fitted with alloy mudguards, the rest of the machine remains remarkably untouched, and displays a total mileage on the odometer of 50,942, compared to a 1983 MoT certificate reading of 49,945. A 'matching numbers' example, it will require re-commissioning, or form an excellent prospect for restoration. Accompanying documentation comprises a current V5C, and the aforementioned old MoT certificate (expiry August 1984).