Barrett-Jackson | 13-Oct-2016 | Las Vegas 2016 | Venue : Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Category : Classic Cars
Lot No. : 71
Year : 1925
Engine Size : -
Transmission : Manual
Colour : BLACK
Interior : WOOD
Chassis No. : A297119
No longer available - Sold or withdrawn from sale


Lot #71 - This vehicle has important historical implications for the history of Dodge trucks. Its radiator is badged Graham Brothers, but its titled as a Dodge. The Grahams built everything that an owner would need, putting rugged cargo-hauling capacity on a contemporary automobile chassis and fostering a reputation for solid engineering and quality. In 1921, Dodge recognized the potential for adding a truck line to its busy automobile production and made an arrangement for the Graham Brothers to sell its trucks through the Dodge dealer network. Dodge bought controlling interest in Graham Brothers in 1925, buying the rest of the company a year later. This attractively restored, one-ton panel truck has been ingeniously styled as a prohibition-era paddy wagon. It is finished in black with Eureka Police and Police Patrol emblems, chrome bumpers and blackwall tires. A red light on the left side of the cab and a siren on the right front fender leave little doubt of its purpose. Side-hinged rear doors open to a confinement area with benches down both sides for miscreants rounded up in speakeasy sweeps. Manual transmission. From the Tammy Allen Collection. **TITLED AS A 1925 DODGE**