Aston Martin DB2/4 was first launched in October 1953 and launched at the London Motor Show in 1953. Built went on till 1955 and a total of 564 cars were built, of which 73 drop head coups and 12 chassis only were sold for special body cars. Three works cars were prepared for the 1955 Monte Carlo rally and won the team prize.
In 1955 the 2,580 engines was increased to 2,922cc and the car was reported to do 0 to 60 in 12.6 seconds and 0 to 100 in 40.0 seconds with a top speed of 120 mph.
In 1953 the saloon was sold for £2,622 including tax and in 1955 the purchase price was £2,728 including tax.
This car was first registered in March 1955 and has only had two previous owners, one being Hon Patrick Lindsay who raced the car on a number of occasion, one being the BARC race at Goodwood in 1957 when the car was placed 2nd overall.
Purchased in 1966 by Mr. Hugh Arnett and taken to Malta where Hugh was stationed. The exterior body colour has been changed from black to snow shadow gray with its original and outstanding dark red interior.
The car is one of the most original cars we have seen for a long time; it has such an original feel about the car. With a complete tool kit, keys, handbooks and original buff logbook, its history file is a pleasure to read through.
Known as the mistress by Hugh’s wife, it needs for nothing and has been looked after in the highest form possible, quite outstanding.