Rolls-Royce 25/30 HP #GMP73 is a very elegant Sedanca de Ville. It is the only known remaining example of the Sedanca de Ville 25/30’s designed by John Blatchley for Gurney Nutting. It is a multi award winning car, such as the Elegance prize at the 2010 RREC National Rally. It sports many striking features. It has highly unusual pontoon wings, a trademark ellipsoid peak over the moulded spare wheel cover, extravagently decorated rear wheel spats, a canted B-post, desirable Lucas R100 headlamps, ‘Owl-Eye’ tail lamps, an electric division and ACE wheel discs.
It was delivered new in February 1938 to Mrs G. Marsh of Edgbaston. GMP73 remained with her for eight years before being acquired by J.F. Kenure of Feltham, Middlesex. In the latter’s hands for a further nine years, it then passed in 1965 to a C. Berens of Ewshott, Surrey. It is thought to have been laid-up in 1972. Subsequently discovered by Christies in 1988 it had a cracked cylinder head. It was bought by The Pennell family from Weedon, Northamptonshire, who treated the car to an extensive £50,000 restoration. In January 2006 it was acquired by David and Jacqueline Gray from West Wittering, Chichester, who presented the car on several shows and were awarded with highly regarded prizes.
All technics, paint, wood, leather, etc, are in good condition and the car is a delight to drive. The body needs some attention. It is believed but can’t be warranted that it has covered only some 42,000 miles from new. It comes with a full width tool tray under the front seats, the original handbook and with an extensive file of documentation.