The Rolls-Royce Phantom III has an extremely smooth and silent V-12 engine. Phantom III #3CM1 with its substantial Sedanca de Ville body by Windovers is a well representing, striking and classic Rolls-Royce. The car was repainted long ago, but the paint is still very shiny and needs hardly any TLC. The interior is very original and has attractive patina; in the front seats there are some tiny cracks. It is fitted with one offside sparewheel, one occasional seat in the back and a heater for the rear compartment. It is apparent that there has been good quality work carried out in recent times. The engine runs smooth, but since we can’t proof the last time that service has been carried out, it is recommended to perform new maintenance. In de Sedanca area the rewinder is missing.
The first owner of Phantom III #3CM1 was Lord Nigel Colman, chairman of J. & J. Colman, famous of its French Mustard. He was an enthusiastic breeder and exhibitor of harness horses and dogs. And he was politically engaged, and elected to the House of Commons. The second owner was Mr. H.J. Clorney who kept the car until 1945. He sold the car to Mr. J.M. Lawton, and in 1956 it was purchased by Kearsley Airways Ltd., one of the leading companies in the aerospace component repair sector. In 1974 the car was shipped to the USA where it was owned by Mr Miller and Blair J. Kolasa. After another Canadian owner it returned to the United Kingdom in 2011, where it was owned by Mr Roberts.
This Phantom III is a very nice original example.